Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Day 26: A 'Thank You Note' and My Strongest Class

Hi Monica,
Class was really, really swell today. I've never been in a session that turned the mats. What a unique perspective (usually a neighbor's bum) and interesting moment to let go of all that social constraint! People! We are all people! "We all have butts. Say hello to your neighbor's as you swan dive forward," you joked. I laughed into my neighbor's butt as I swan dived forward. This brought some humor into a very humid class. And that was just what I needed. Laughter took the strain out of my face and allowed me to melt some tension in my shoulders. My heart started opening to the floor and my bum rolled straight up into the air (or maybe my neighbor's personal space bubble). It was great to push those boundaries; use the energy that was pumping through the room to fuel my practice. Hopefully my energy fueled another yogi's series. I certainly was pumping out enough heat to warm up the air; the pool of sweat at my feet during standing bow was enough to dive into.
So thank you, again. I really enjoyed class. Thank you.
Christopher

Class: Hot 90
Instructor: Monica
Studio: Open Door
Wins: Everything (even the milkshake-thick air).

2 comments:

  1. those are the best. the classes that are strong and filled with joy. It's why I keep coming back. Even though sometimes they are few and far between. :) I'm a "bikram junkie"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anytime Mr. Grohs. I do find that the strain that we fight against in our bodies usually comes from simply taking everything way too seriously! So, thank YOU for the comments and adding your pumped up yoga energy to the room. That was a jungle of a class!
    Monica

    ReplyDelete