Thursday, January 14, 2010

Day 13: Tree, Perception and the sniffles!

After a hard class yesterday, I was a bit worried about how I would cope with a full day of work and yoga. Plus I'm sick, or getting sick, or I'm detoxing and all the crap that I've ingested over the last 8 months (since my last mega-juice-fast) is causing my nose-head-ear-throat region to feel like a mucus filled bag of death. Bleh. I need to invest in a neti pot so I can flush this gunk out. Whine!

It's funny how my body is adjusting to daily practice. The first week was great with each day building off the general improvements in my mood, diet and perception. I was gaining some real momentum. But now I feel sick. I'm tired...a bit cranky. Classwork is starting to mount up and my free time is virtually non existent. As always, options exist. I could bitch about how I'm overloaded (which is totally fine...in moderation) and stop going to Yoga. Or, I could find innovative ways to free up time. I could pick out my real priorities and focus on them. The main thing to realize is how important perception is to our lives. Instead of looking at all the negatives, everything that's pinning me down, I can choose to emphasize and nurture the positives. What's helping me right now? What am I looking forward to? I can also realize that feeling poopy is temporary; it's even a good thing! It's natural to get sick as you clean out your body, and this will remind me how nice (and important) it is to be healthy when I feel better.

Class: Hot 90 with Monica
Wins: Toe stand; Half moon; Delicious green soup from yoga journal! (Posting recipe soon)
Not Wins: Standing head to knee; damn headache!; refined (aka: bullshit) sugar in nearly everything; 3 hours labs

Tree Stand (and nearly see-through shorts. hello butt).

2 comments:

  1. Another inspiring post! I'm feeling cranky this week too, and your post helped me put things in perspective!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you on the crankiness!

    P.S. Get a neti pot ASAP they are the bomb!

    ReplyDelete