Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Day 47: Svaroopa Yoga and a Failed Neti Pot

I tried to use a neti pot and overdid it on the salt content. Do not use enough salt to saturate the solution, leaving undissolved crystals on the bottom...stupid. Also, do not attempt to do anything involving measuring or your brain or focus or well, anything, when you are nearly sleep walking. Really. It's better just to remove the walking out of that phrase and gently rest your body on a comfy bed.

I also did 30 minutes of svaroopa yoga tonight to release some of the tension in my spinal column. It was intense. I could feel heat building in the areas that I was focusing my attention on; my sacrum felt like a small fire had started in the second part of the Magic Four. Everyone should give this style of yoga a go. It's really restorative.

Today (Day 48) will be a double: Hot 90 followed by the advanced class. Drinking. Lots. Of. Water. Hydrating is on my mind.

Class: 30 minute self-guided svaroopa yoga
Instructor: Me
Studio: Living room

1 comment: