Friday, February 5, 2010

Day 35: Half Ass

Today was a half-ass day. I tried just enough on my first chemistry exam to probably walk away with a high B, maybe low A. No extra cramming for it. Not even a last minute "I need to remember this" sweat. I daydreamed for the full hour and 20 minutes of Biology. I ran through my lab assignment just so I could leave an hour early, hoping to catch some extra mid-day-break reading time (which I covet so much). I lazily walked to the coffee shop, grabbed my bike and pedaled home...even this was half-assed. Not leisurely, just lazy. A real ehhh pace.

Half ass. And this was also the way I did my yoga. There was no sitting, nor any breaks. No reconnecting with my breath or pushing my body into new depths while maintaining proper alignment. I would be fine, maybe, with sitting out; knowing that my body had reached a point where I needed an impromptu savasana. But that wasn't the case. I just kept going at a meager 30%. And that's lame. Only the poses. Only 90 minutes of a fairly mediocre series. The instructions were clear and fluid. Heat was definitely at an appropriate level. All the other students brought energy, either new "i've never done hot yoga" vibes or that calm, driven veteran energy. My energy...ehhh.

This happens. I'm not happy about it, nor am I proud. I'm just accepting it. Tomorrow (today) will be different. The end.


Class: Hot 90
Instructor: Jana
Studio: Open Door
Wins: Jana and her sweet demeanor; lavender towels.
Not Wins: Being a bum to the extreme.

No comments:

Post a Comment