Thursday, February 11, 2010

Day 42: No Mirror For You!

Yup. I came in a few minutes before class and wedged myself into a space, which unfortunately put my in line with another person. So, gazing forward, I saw another yogi's derrière instead of my reflection. And man, did I say the nastiest things in my head. Hello 5 year old me...what a nice temper tantrum you just had! Oh no, she's not an "inconsiderate bitch" for failing to move to one side. Nor is she that distracting to my series. Really, she's not...even though her foot kicked me in each set of balancing stick. Not distracting. I am distracting myself by allowing a change in my routine, or a clear view of the mirror, to drastically affect the way I do my yoga. Lessons! Oh so many lessons...

So, yogic lessons from this: be on time; accept what you cannot change; learn to be calm when you're uncomfortable; focus on your practice; move in a new way; revel in the unknown; feel alive.

Class: Hot 90
Instructor: Jana
Studio: Open Door
Wins: Jana and her lavender towels; spine strengthening flow; Jana kicking our ass because someone mentioned her classes are easier (definitely not true today!); really great shots that CMP Boss Lady pulled for me the other day; accepting flaws; drowning my rearing narcissism; finding balance internally instead of relying on the externals.

1 comment:

  1. It's oh so hard w/out the mirror. I had that happen to me Tues night. I was the same way, pissed at the guy for not moving. Esp since I set up first. Watching him though I saw that he was just very new and had no clue of yoga room etiquette. Sigh. The things we say in our heads! :)

    ReplyDelete