Saturday, February 6, 2010

Day 36: Corrections

Today was a fairly good day. Work was long and even though a monsoon moved over Raleigh, it was still a pleasant afternoon. I even managed to make it to the studio without skidding into a ditch. And dying. So that marks a great day.

As for class, it was awesome. Awesomely full of corrections. I really appreciate a "hands-on" approach when it comes to yoga. It's so easy to be turned off by teachers constantly correcting you, adjusting your stance and calling out your name just as you feel the pose is perfect...when it's not. I really don't mind. Honestly, I enjoy it. In this class, I found several new alignment changes that completely shifted poses, allowing greater depth and an overall stronger series. Poses like separate leg head to knee, where I could never figure out how to shift weight back. Jennifer came by, rotated my hips and changed my stance. Boom. Weight in the back leg, and it felt completely different.

Corrections. Teachers give them because they want to help you get everything you can out of the yoga. So love them...teachers and corrections.

Class: Hot 90
Instructor: Jennifer
Studio: Open Door
Wins: Strong and flexible class; many helpful corrections

No comments:

Post a Comment