Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Day 34: Indulgence

Today was a coconut brownie sort of day. This day doesn't come around too often for me. Maybe once every 2 months (okay, sure...sometimes a little sooner). But I knew it today. Everything pointed me in the direction of sweet toasted coconut atop rich chocolaty goodness complete with toasted walnuts. The infamous coconut brownie at the Morning Times. I didn't even look at the fruit bowl. My concentration was not swayed by the vegan Heart Thrive bars. Even the marginally healthier Raleigh Times Bars (complete with peanut butter, homemade granola, honey and chocolate chips-fucking awesome) held no power over me. It was brownie, coconut brownie, all the way.

Indulgence. Every now and then, your body says eat a brownie. Your mind agrees. Your spirit says, "fuck yeah!" And then you do. You really enjoy it. It tastes great. No guilt. No bad feelings. No "Ugh, I have so so so much running to do." Screw that. An indulgence, better yet a treat, is something you have once and a while (like once a month, not once a day) that makes you happy in so many ways. Next month, it might be a full day of watching old buffy episodes. Maybe even breaking out the Xena. Hell, I might bike to lilly's and get a pizza. Treats. Things you occasionally indulge in for celebrations or random moments of happy. Try it.

Class: Hot 90
Instructor: Monica
Studio: Open Door
Wins: coconut brownie treat; productive meetings; worrying more about my alignment then how high my leg gets; PELVIS!
Not wins: feeling exhausted all day; dreaming all night that I was in a house that was suddenly massive and under attack by nazi-esque invaders who wanted to easy-bake-oven me as I attempted to escape through the woods and took rest under a rock on the ledge of a cliff post securing edibles at a convenience store....which I had to steal from since I had no money, only fear...what the fuck; another flat tire!

1 comment:

  1. Ha! Must be in the air! My daughter made choc chip cookies this past weekend. She went back to her dads yesterday and left two behind. I ate them last night! :)

    ReplyDelete